Re: [HACKERS] Removing typename from A_Const (was: Empty arrays with ARRAY[]) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Removing typename from A_Const (was: Empty arrays with ARRAY[])
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Removing typename from A_Const (was: Empty arrays with ARRAY[])  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Tom Lane escribió:
> >> They're logically different things, and after I get done putting a parse
> >> location field into A_Const, they'll still be physically different too.
>
> > Aha.  Are you working from Brendan's patch?  I was going to commit it.
>
> Sure, go ahead.  I was going to add the parse location at the same time,
> but it can perfectly well be done as a separate patch.

I came up with the attached patch.  I added the location bits (although
I am unsure if I got the locations right in the parser), but they are
unused -- figuring out how to use them would take me longer than I can
to spend on this.

Attachment