Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> [080424 14:37]:
> I am confused exactly what people want changed in the patch.  Some want
> no control over wrapping in file output, and others want $COLUMN to
> control column file output.  The only person I am seeing code from is
> Greg Stark, but I think most don't want his changes.

If I had to vote as as user, Greg's suggestion made the most sense to
me.  It was a simple approach that I could easily understand, and easily
envision using with and without a pager.

But basically, I pretty much *always* use a pager, having settled on
comfortable $LESS.

That said, I really don't see myself using the wrapped format so maybe
my vote shouldn't count.

a.
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,