Re: Colons in wiki page titles, and commit fest page names - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Colons in wiki page titles, and commit fest page names
Date
List pgsql-www
Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Greg Smith:
> Those pages are all items in a larger category, and that's how the
> subpages in a category are displayed.  This is standard usage if you're on
> a site with heavy categorization.  Look at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Help for an example of it being
> used properly by an intrinsic page.

I have finally found a presumably authoritative source about this:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Help:Namespaces

The take-home message is, if the page is a content page (in our case, it is
about PostgreSQL), then its name shouldn't contain a colon.

Creating categories for pages, as you describe, could also be useful, but I
think it is independent of the page naming.