Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Tom Lane:
> That sounds like a pretty bad idea, since it would treat ordering
> differences as insignificant even when they aren't --- for example,
> an ordering difference in the output of a query that *has* an
> ORDER BY is usually a bug.

Well, we wouldn't treat ordering differences as OK, but we could print

foo ... FAILED (only ordering differences)

which might give a clue.

Then again, the effort to make this bulletproof might be more than continuing
to field the occasional question about the issue.