Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > Looking at the state of many of our non-english FAQs today, I don't
> > put too much faith into a system that'll just show people "this is
> > not translated". I think it's more likely to get better if the
> > people can just edit the translations directly instead of having to
> > produce a patch (and to make that work, they have to set up a build
> > system for processing docbook which is certainly far from trivial
> > on some platforms), etc...
>
> There are web platforms for editing POs.

Hold on a minute. You're saying only the english version would be in
Docbook, and then you'd use .po files? So how do I as an end user
actually *read* the FAQ then? I need to both process .po and Docbook?

I remain very unconvinced that making it that much more complex is
worth it.. But if someone sets up a complete system to test it, sure -
since I don't write *or* read any of the translated FAQs we should
obviously listen more to those who do.

//Magnus