Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Gregory Stark wrote:
>
>> The reason I was asking these questions was because I was thinking
>> about how hard it would be to generate the list from a textual analysis
>> instead of using object files.
>
> Is there some reason I don't understand why the listing doyxgen creates
> isn't good enough here?  http://doxygen.postgresql.org/globals_type.html
>
> Scraping that HTML seems like it would be pretty straightforward.

It's awfully incomplete.  Bruce said to me the other day on IM that the
list he was getting with the Linux version of find_typedef was something
like 2800 symbols.  I checked the doxygen list and I only see about a
dozen for each letter, so there's a whole lot missing here.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"The Gord often wonders why people threaten never to come back after they've