Re: session_replication_role - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Re: session_replication_role
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 14:26, Chris Browne wrote:
> terry@chosen-ones.org (Terry Lee Tucker) writes:
> > Is there a distinction between "ORIGIN" and "LOCAL" as related to
> > session_replication_role, and if so, what is it? I am unable to
> > understand from the documentation any distinction between the two
> > settings.
>
> The intent is that a system that is the "origin" for replication
> changes (e.g. - a database where you'll be collecting
> INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE information to replicate elsewhere) would run in
> the "origin" role, normally.
>
> The distinction from a practical perspective will take place when
> stored functions that implement "replication stuff" detect what role
> the system is in, and may behave differently.
> --

Thanks for the reply. I was unable to detect any change in trigger operation
when setting the variable to origin or local. I understand that you are
saying that the distinction only exists if my code is written to operate
differently based on the setting.

Thanks for the input...
--
Terry Lee Tucker