Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dawid Kuroczko escribió:

> I thought the patch would be trivial, sent it to -patches. Then, later
> on I thought that perhaps it should be discussed on the -hackers
> nonetheless, so I have written there also:
>   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00147.php
> then the patch got rejected, if I understand correctly.

The problem is that the patch was initially trivial, but it turned into
a much larger redesign of command handling.  I think that's a great
turnout for a submission.

> Don't forget to update developer FAQ as well. :)

Agreed -- the FAQs and other documents do not cover the processes we're
currently following.  Mind you, the processes are quite young.  (More
reason to have them better documented I guess.)