Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > That is a nice list, but are these used for bug tracking or patch
> > tracking?
>
> In my experience, these two concepts become mostly the same.  Just one is
> classified "normal" or "critical" and the the other is tagged "wishlist"
> and "patch" or "attachment" or something like that.

Yes, that is really another issue --- bug tracking.  We have said in the
past we don't want a bug tracker, but as you have shown that really does
go against how almost all other open source projects are handling bugs.

I am a little worried that trying a bug tracker or patch tracker in
_addition_ to email tracking is going to be more complex than just
choosing one or the other because there is going to be duplication of
things happening on different communication channels.

As I stated before I am ready to stop visibly doing what I normally do
to see if another process will work better.

http://enterprisedb.com