Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> [080410 23:20]:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:47:34 -0400
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> > > If you have something to add, please do so at some time, but if you
> > > are not interested in using a tracker anyway, just don't use it and
> > > ignore this thread.
> >
> > Hmm, well, I can hardly see how anyone could object to a tracker that
> > they didn't have to use --- that is, one that hadn't been declared to
> > be the new center of our development process.  The push-back that
> > you're seeing is because just about every proposal for such a tracker
> > has included somewhere along the line the notion that the email lists
> > will stop being the primary reference.
>
> My suggestion wasn't that in the least.

Then just do it.  Set up your tracker.  Subscribe it to the lists.  Make
it track everything.  Manage it.  Rub it's belly.

And then anybody asking a question about the status of something gives
you a pedestal to show how nicely your tracker works.

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,