Re: Missing message-id links for some archived messages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Missing message-id links for some archived messages
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg00265.php
> has Message-ID 45EBF1A2.5040402@enterprisedb.com according to the
> copy in my mail archives, but the link
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/45EBF1A2.5040402@enterprisedb.com
> is a 404.

Bruce just reported it to me by IM -- turns out the script bailed out
when it found a Message-Id containing slashes.  Not really surprising.
I worked around that by replacing the / with _, so if you need a
Message-Id containing a slash, it will not work for now.  They are not
very common -- I have only seen them from a guy in the Fujitsu Australia
group.  For example

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA_w1P36NVXkuUGCDGiycCfMKAAAAQAAAAD17XnZu6L0Wv0ueK+GgjJQEAAAAA@fast.fujitsu.com.au

which is a link for Message-Id

!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA/w1P36NVXkuUGCDGiycCfMKAAAAQAAAAD17XnZu6L0Wv0ueK+GgjJQEAAAAA@fast.fujitsu.com.au

I will try to fix the problem as soon as I get someone to fix the
.htaccess files on the webserver.

> BTW, is there a way to get the message-id from the regular archive
> pages?  Should we expend the screen space to display it?

They are on the page source, in an HTML comment.  I tried to display it
the other day, but Mhonarc is "antispammizing" it, so it shows up as

45EBF1A2(dot)5040402(at)enterprisedb(dot)com

which is not very comfortable to use :-(  I tried to make it not do
that, but my time was limited so I gave up.  I'll try again.  If you
prefer I can display the obscured form while I fix the Mhonarc config.