Re: [HACKERS] Patch queue -> wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Patch queue -> wiki
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Saturday, April 05, 2008 09:32:45 +0200 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> > Once I clean up my code, we will be having an URL on
> > http://search.postgresql.org that does this. We already index things in a
> > postgresql database there, so it's the best place to stick it.
>
> 'k, would it be useful to add something now, vs later, within the message
> itself?

I think we should have an email header contain the URL. Right now if I
want to add a URL to the TODO list, I have to wait for it to appear in
the archives to get a URL.

One idea would be to just search index the message-id email header, but
that only gives us the ability to get a one-email search result.  The
idea is that the URL would go right to the message.

http://enterprisedb.com