Re: [Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] PG Con] - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ADMIN] PG Con]
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
> Last year, I stayed on campus (in an "apartment-style" room).  I
> enjoyed the location and the campus staff was a pleasure to deal with;
>  the only caveat I can recall was that you needed to bring your own
> Ethernet cable, as only wired access was available.
>
> Also, if you get the chance, try to take at least a day (either before
> or after the convention) to do some sight-seeing;  the tour we took of
> the government buildings was quite neat (and the art gallery is quite
> amazing as well).

I agree with these recommendations. However, it seems the rooms are very
popular in the day(s) after the conference - I tried to get two
extending two days past the end of the conference a couple of weeks
back, and they were filled up and couldn't get any. They could at that
time only get the dorm style rooms (shared bathrooms).

They did, however, say that there might be more rooms made available
closer to the conference, but could at that time make no guarantees.

//Magnus