Re: [HACKERS] Move the developers wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Move the developers wiki?
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > It has been suggested by members of the web team that as the new site
> > has been setup on a dedicated VM and has been properly integrated with
> > the rest of our online infrastructure (unlike the current developer
> > wiki which is basically a quick 'n' dirty install on an already
> > over-utilised VM), that we should consider moving the developer wiki
> > into a dedicated area on it.
>
> Not an objection but an observation. The developer wiki seems to be a
> catchall for contributors to put various stuff on. There is patch
> status, advocacy policies, release policies etc...

The developer's wiki was the developer's wiki until other people noticed
that they had no wiki so they started using the developer's wiki as a
catchall place ("hey, we advocates have nowhere to wiki on; can we use
devel's wiki?").  Now that we have a real wiki it makes sense to create
separate areas on it for each team.

That said, we have links to the developer wiki all over the web.

So +1 on moving the developer's wiki to the other one -- but only if the
original URLs continue to work (redirecting to the new site).