Re: pg_live situation update - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: pg_live situation update
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello Robert, hello all,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:16:49 -0500 Robert Bernier wrote:

> One other matter; I've adjusted the install script so that this new version of
> pg_live will install all the pg enhancements in a clean manner on a machine
> using the Ubuntu installation scripts.

We had some live CD's at FOSDEM as a give-away, thank you for your
effort to make this possible.

On the other hand we noted, that we need a lot more improvements
for the live-CD to make it usable. Some examples, maybe one or two
web-based applications come into my mind.

It is almost impossible to send you a new update/patch, you incorporate
the update and release a new version and after that we test, if the new
version actually does what we expect.
So what do you think, is it possible to create a pgfoundry project for
the live-CD's to that everyone can create his own iso image? I assume
you have some scripts which do all the nasty work, download packages
and create the iso image, or?

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum