Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut escribió:
> Am Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 schrieb Pepe Barbe:
> > I am interested in deploying PG 8.3.0 on one of our in-house appliance
> > product that is managed using RPMs and openSuse. Will there be RPMs
> > for Suse from PostgreSQL or should I wait until Suse releases their
> > own RPMs?
>
> The plan is to get quasi-official RPMs for SUSE onto the openSUSE build
> service.  The only thing holding this back at the moment is the lack of time
> for the people involved.

I was just wondering yesterday if it was possible to use the openSUSE
build service to build the RPMs for other distros too (the various
Fedoras, CentOS, RHEL); they advertise it as working for that, though I
wasn't able to find an actual list of supported distributions.