Re: backup tableoids (pg_class.oid) ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: backup tableoids (pg_class.oid) ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 04:14:12PM +0100, fkater@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my db structure relays on the OIDs of tables (stored as OIDs of
> pg_class).
>
> However, 'pg_dumpall -o ...' seems to save the oids of all data but not
> the tableoids, so, when I restore data I get different tableoids than I
> had before!
>
> Is there anything I could do to backup and restore even the tableoids
> (besides stopping server and copying the files) ?

No. When creating a table there is no way to specify the OID, hence
when restoring a dump there is no way to preserve them. This was never
guarenteed, the OID saving was for large objects and rows, not table
oids.

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Attachment