Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vincent
Subject Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Date
Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
List pgsql-general
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>>
> Personally I'm surprised that the last couple responses seem to center
> around not being able to make much money off of it. I agree that it
> would require some time investment, but so did building PG in the first
> place. Countless people have already sacrificed hours upon hours of
> their time with no return on their investment except pride in their work
> and a better overall product for everybody to use. I'm not a talented
> enough programmer to contribute to the code, but in this way I can do
> something to give back to the pg community.
>
> --
> Tom Hart

+1

It seems there's a stalemate, apparently PgSQL needs to be more popular
before authors want to write for it, and the public doesn't want to commit
to a database that has only a handfull of books available.

So, let's do it community-style: wiki. Lots of people have a little time
to write a small piece, all we need is a few good men (or women) to
oversee the whole thing. Later we can paste all the content together in a
PDF. We could arrange a 'print on demand' service and there we are; a book
with uptodate firsthand knowledge.