Re: Moderation of -general this week - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Moderation of -general this week
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:58:02PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> we need more mods for this particular list. Some sort of spam filter
> would be nice, too. I can't imagine all those mails from
> POSTCARDS.RU would be hard to filter out before reaching the
> moderation queue. :)

If there were any kind of spam filtering on -general, I would volunteer.  At
the moment, however, I can barely keep up with the lists I already moderate,
partly because of the volume of moderation being done because of spam.  Most
days, for instance, I reject at least a dozen mails written in cyrillic
characters..  I'm willing to bet we could train some Bayesian filter to
reject those before any human were involved.  They're going to get rejected
anyway.