Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www
redirecting to -www

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 06:54, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
>     We're interested in moving forward evangelizing PostgreSQL to SEAsia -
> primarily Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and are prepared to
> start translating and distributing (when appropriate) press releases to
> local media. Would we like to translate the current version release on the
> website ( http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82.html.en ) into
> Thai or just do the 8.3 cvs release (
> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.3/en/releas
>e.txt)?

I think the 8.3 versions are enough, since we will probably release within the
next couple weeks.

>Thai is quickest for us as it takes a little longer to pass around
> the Chinese, Malay, and Indonesian versions for proof-reading but we can do
> those as well. All of these countries have local language technical
> publications that will be very interested in publishing this content for
> us.

Yep. Might as well try and do them all, but no need to wait untill they are
all done to start shipping back the content for the website.

>     Also I notice that all the published press contacts have
> postgresql.orgemails and web sites. How do we get that set up?

Marc can set those up for you. Note we already have a chinese press contact,
you might want to drop him a line to see if you can coordinate. For Thai,
Malay, and Indonesia, I guess those would be th@, my@, and id@ right? Which
email(emails?) should those forward to?

--
Robert Treat