Re: User group liaison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: User group liaison
Date
Re: User group liaison  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

Regardless of what Josh's plans are, we really *could* use someone to be "in
charge" of PUG websites, event communication, mailing lists, etc.  This is
something I've been doing up until now, and I'm often not terribly responsive
when I'm travelling or involved with PR stuff.

And since it's something I, personally, have been doing, I don't think I need
a popular vote on whether to give the task to Selena, particularly when she
volunteered and I've not seen anybody else do so.   Whether Josh wants
SPI-PUG funding requests to go through Selena or not is up to him, at least
until the FG replaces him.

Let's not turn PostgreSQL into a bureaucracy.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun