Re: BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online
Date
Re: BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online
List pgsql-bugs
Faisal N. Jawdat wrote:

> If I use psql on a local database while the daemon is coming online, psql
> hangs and most be killed.  Subsequent psql processes will connect without
> incident.

This is strange.  When the postmaster is not ready to receive
connections, psql is supposed to die with an error message stating so.
It should not hang under no circumstances.

Can you get a backtrace of the hung psql process?