BUG #3853: Autovacuum not working - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christopher Brian L. Jurado
Subject BUG #3853: Autovacuum not working
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3853
Logged by:          Christopher Brian L. Jurado
Email address:      chris.jurado@primesoft.ph
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system:   Windows XP/2003
Details:

I can see in the server logs that it has entries saying "autovacuum:
processing database xxx". But it seems that pgAdmin still gives
hints/suggestions that the tables need vacuuming. I don't know if this is a
pgAdmin bug or not. But in my experience, pgAdmin seemed right and table
statistics were not updated and query performance degrades as
inserts/updates/deletes are done--because of outdated table statistics.
Is this a bug? And if it is, was this fixed in 8.2? I can't find this in the
release notes.