BUG #3850: Incompatibility among pg_dump / pg_restore. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Diego Spano
Subject BUG #3850: Incompatibility among pg_dump / pg_restore.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3850
Logged by:          Diego Spano
Email address:      djspano@jus.gov.ar
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.9
Operating system:   Debian Etch 4.0
Details:

I have two servers running Debian Etch 4.0 and Postgres 8.1.9. and want to
copy Database_A from server1 to server2. It is suppossed that
pg_dump/pg_restore should have no problems.

In server1 run pg_dump, then run pg_restore on server2, but the database
can´t be restored because pg_restore want to restore table rows that have
foreign keys before table that have the primary keys.

"pg_restore: ERROR:  the new record for relation «archivo» violates
restriction. Check "subfk_archivo_seremp".

And records are not added obviously.

I think that pg_dump should export database tablas according to constraints
and relations, don´t?

Thank s for any help.

Diego Spano