Re: Possible PostgreSQL 8.3beta4 bug with MD5 authentication in psql? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Possible PostgreSQL 8.3beta4 bug with MD5 authentication in psql?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> 1. Revert the changes that removed dependencies on PQnoPasswordSupplied.
> This is ugly but might be the safest solution for 8.3 --- we can always
> revisit the issue later.

> 3. Invent another libpq function, maybe PQconnectionNeedsPassword,
> that does the right thing for the password-checking tests.

My vote goes to (3), if the work can be done quickly, or (1) if it
can't.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"When the proper man does nothing (wu-wei),