Re: ODBC, access, and joins - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: ODBC, access, and joins
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 03:48:01PM -0500, Tom Hart wrote:
> The problem I'm having is that anything defined as a
> "text" datatype in postgres gets converted to a "memo" datatype in
> access, and when we attempt to perform a join query on that field access
> starts complaining about not being able to join on a field with a "memo"
> type. I think this might be a bug in the odbc driver, but I want to
> check my bases. Has anybody else run into this issue, or heard anything
> about the odbc driver having problems with datatypes in access?

For the text-memo thing there are options in the configuration (a
tickbox xsomewhere). I think it's called text-as-varchar switch or
something. There were some other config options that I also changed,
but it's been too long ago to give anything specific.

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Attachment