Re: plpython crash on exception - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: plpython crash on exception
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera escribió:

> One problem here is that 7.3 does not have appendStringInfoVA.  From 7.4
> onwards there is no problem.  Should I backport the code from 7.4?  (On
> a first try to do it I introduced a nasty bug, so it's not as easy as
> a cut'n paste).

No nasty bug anywhere -- just that I neglected a initStringInfo call
while manually backporting the patch.

However, in testing I noticed this problem:

alvherre=# select crashme(1);
ERROR:  plpython: Unable to create rexec.RExec instance
exceptions.RuntimeError: This code is not secure in Python 2.2 and 2.3

There doesn't seem to be a way to make it work.

What I'm going to do is commit the fix to just 7.4 onwards.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"We're here to devour each other alive"            (Hobbes)