Re: pgfoundry is down - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgfoundry is down
Date
Re: pgfoundry is down
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:39:44AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Marc,
>
> > I put out an announcement several days ago that I would be doing work on
> > neptune that would cause some disruptions to clients on Saturday (ie.
> > extended downtime) ... Magnus confirmed with me that this wouldn't affect
> > any of the Pg VPSs, but I wasn't clear in that although there would be no
> > extended downtime for the Pg VPSs, that I still had to move the affected Pg
> > VPSs *off* of the server being worked on ... my fault, I should have been
> > more clear on that point ...
>
> It would be nice to have a "planned outages" page somewhere which people could
> check.  It would save us a bunch of answering e-mail, if nothing else.  And
> the outage announcements could get carred in PWN if Fetter is amenable.
>
> Question is, where should we host that page?

I'da say there are two options - either on the main website, which is
mirrored globally, or on a completely independent system (not just it's own
vm, not even in the same datacenter as our other servers).

If we're gonig to do it, let's do it for real :-)

//Magnus