Re: pgfoundry is down - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: pgfoundry is down
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 03:47:47PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> PgFoundry was down for ~10 minutes to move it from one server to the other
> server oso that the server it was on could be reformatted ... gborg was on that
> same server, so if gborg was 'still up', it too would have had to be moved ...

So am I just missing the announcements of these planned outages?  It
wouldn't surprise me if I were.  But if not, then I think we need to come up
with some sort of plan of how such things are to be done in the future.

There are three possibilities.  One is that these are all announced
correctly, and I'm just missing them somehow, in which case ignore me.
Another is that the recent activities were _planned_ outages, in which case
I suggest that some more effort needs to go into informing the community
about deadlines, schedules, and service outages.  The third is that things
are happening in response to emergencies, in which case I want to know what
we can do to stop having emergencies.

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke