Re: Postgresql downloads

From: David Fetter
Subject: Re: Postgresql downloads
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 07:55:24AM -0800, Frederick Zarndt wrote:
> I'm doing research about Postgresql and would like to know how many
> times version 8.x has been downloaded from http://www.postgresql.org
> in the calendar year 2007 and separately how times it has been
> downloaded in the calendar year 2006.  I want the same information
> for version 7.x.

Here's a guide to our versioning system, as you seem to be under a
common misapprehension about it.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

Also, why does counting downloads interest you?  I'm not being flip
here.  These two make a pretty good read on the subject.

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/the-count-of-downloadia-part-i-5621
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/the-count-of-downloadia-part-ii-5814

Cheers,
David.