Re: New tzdata available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: New tzdata available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ napsal(a):
>> Hi,
>> ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzdata2007i.tar.gz
>> Per announcement:
>> "...is now available; this reflects changes for Cuba and Syria
>> circulated earlier this week on the time zone mailing list.
>> There are no code changes, so there's no tzcode2007i; tzcood2007h
>> remains current."
>
> I think we need some different mechanism how to deliver timezone updated.
> Bump version and rebuild everything when new timezone files are released is
> not good idea, especially in case when most unix packagers use system
> timezone.

Agreed.

Even when the system TZ is not used, we could deliver our "zic"
executable (pgzic?) and let the user drop the latest tzdata somewhere
and recompile it.

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"¿Qué importan los años?  Lo que realmente importa es comprobar que