Re: Syntax error in a large COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Syntax error in a large COPY
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mercredi 07 novembre 2007, Reg Me Please a écrit :
> Maybe just a complete example would suffice. Let's say a table structure, a
> CSV and a raw text file, a config file and the run output.

Do you mean something like the included examples, which I tend to also use as
(regression) tests?
  http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgloader/pgloader/examples/

> Why not including the pgloader into the main tarball?

If you're talking about the main PostgreSQL tarball... For starters it would
have to be rewritten in C and be good enough to merit a contrib inclusion,
and that's considering the core product would benefit of such a project in
the first place...

PgFoundry is a great resource for a myriad of tools making the PG-user life
easier, maybe you'd be better off browsing it than expecting core to include
more helper tools!

Regards,
--
dim