Re: Syntax error in a large COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reg Me Please
Subject Re: Syntax error in a large COPY
Date
Re: Syntax error in a large COPY  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Il Wednesday 07 November 2007 11:10:40 Dimitri Fontaine ha scritto:
> Le mercredi 07 novembre 2007, Reg Me Please a écrit :
> > pgloader seems not that easy to use for a newbie like myself.
> > Also because domentation seems too skinny.
>
> Sorry about this, writting documentation in English is not that easy when
> it's not one's natural language... I'll accept any comment/patch to the
> documentation, the aim of it being to ease users life, of course ;)
> http://pgloader.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> Short story: you have to make a pgloader.conf file where you explain where
> is the data file and what pgloader should expect into it (csv, text, what
> delimiter and quotes, etc), then run
>   pgloader -Tc pgloader.conf
>
> The -T option will TRUNCATE the configured table(s) before COPYing data
> into it (them).
>
> > In any case each "goto line, add lines, save, run" cycle requires about
> > 10 minutes on my PC. And the logs don't provide any useful detail.
> > So, again, better logging would help in any case.
>
> pgloader would certainly give this, at first run... It seems to me it is
> worth the effort of reading the manual...

Hi.

pgloader rocks!

Maybe just a complete example would suffice. Let's say a table structure, a
CSV and a raw text file, a config file and the run output.

Thanks.

P.S.
Why not including the pgloader into the main tarball?

--
Reg me Please