Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Peterson
Subject Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
2007-11-06_09:06:36-0500 "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org>:
> Ron Peterson wrote:
> >2007-11-06_03:28:24-0500 Kevin Hunter <hunteke@earlham.edu>:
> >
> >>Along these lines, here are a couple not-so-killer apps, but apps and
> >>areas that are important nonetheless and that I'm fairly certain would
> >>benefit from Postgres and OpenSource TLC:
> >
> >Another good idea, I think, is a SQL backed mail store.  DBMail provides
> >just that:
> >
> >http://www.dbmail.org/
>
> As does Archiveopteryx
>
>     http://www.archiveopteryx.org/postgresql/

I hadn't heard of that one.  Cool.  They have the best intro to a
roadmap I've seen:

"At Oryx, we try to strike a balance somewhere between making promises
we can't keep, and keeping our users entirely in the dark about our
plans."

:)

--
Ron Peterson