Re: INDEX and JOINs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: INDEX and JOINs
Date
List pgsql-general
Reg Me Please <regmeplease@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Il Saturday 27 October 2007 08:51:09 Andreas Kretschmer ha scritto:
> > Reg Me Please <regmeplease@gmail.com> schrieb:
> > > How can I "Increasing the statistics target for the larger table"?
> > > I'ìm sorry for asking, but I'm not that deep into RDBMS.

> > Andreas
>
> How can I display the statistics for a table/column/index/whatever applies?

select attstattarget from pg_attribute where attname = <column> and attrelid=<table>::regclass;

for instance:
select attstattarget from pg_attribute where attname = 'ts' and attrelid='foo'::regclass;

-1 means the default statistics value.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)