Re: Training events policy ... first test case - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus,

> Unrelated, we could change the frontpage to only show the first event per
> company. The rest would only be listed on the details page.

That's a great idea!

What about also making the representation of training events more compact?
Currently we have a fairly space-consumptive layout:

2007-10-22 – 2007-10-26
PostgreSQL Administration Boot Camp
(Morrisville, NC, United States)

2007-11-13 – 2007-11-15
PostgreSQL Database Implementation, Management, and Tuning
(London, United Kingdom)

2007-11-12 – 2007-11-16
Intense PostgreSQL Training (Certification Available)
(Ontario, CA, United States)

What if we did:

Upcoming Training

PostgreSQL Administration ... 2007-10-22
PostgreSQL Database Implem ...2007-11-13
Intense PostgreSQL Trainin ...2007-11-12
PostgreSQL Tuning & Perfor ...2007-12-01
etc. ...

With all links actually going to:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive#training
(yes, we'd have to create that header link)

That would make the fighting for the "top 3" spot less intense.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun