Re: DB upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: DB upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mardi 09 octobre 2007, Andrew Kelly a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 13:58 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Where can I read what that means in the great scheme of things?
> Are you saying that Deb is markedly different from other packages (.rpm)
> or that any packaged version of PG is different from the recommended
> source install?

man pg_wrapper

debian provides this script for you to easily connect to whichever PostgreSQL
installation (different version, different clusters) with the same tool and
without manually messing with PATHs etc.
  psql --cluster 8.2/main ...
  pg_dump --cluster 8.2/main -V
  pg_lsclusters

> Then, after a 2 hour meeting and getting back to answering this mail, I
> kicked my Debian boxes around an bit and found the actual binaries. So,
> I think I'm settled now.

dpkg -L <package> will give you the exact list of installed files.

Hope this helps, regards,
--
dim

Attachment