Re: pg_ctl -w vs unix_socket_directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Radoslaw Zielinski
Subject Re: pg_ctl -w vs unix_socket_directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> [18-09-2007 23:42]:
> This has a trivial workaround - just set PGHOST for pg_ctl:

> [andrew@constanza inst.codfix.5705]$
> PGHOST=/home/andrew/pgl/inst.codfix.5705 bin/pg_ctl -D data/ -l logfile -w
> start

That would be fine for a particular installation, but isn't really
suitable for a startup script shipped with a linux distribution.  Sure,
a /bin/sh-based postgresql.conf parser could do the trick... but I just
don't feel like writing one. :-)

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek@pld-linux.org>