Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
Re: Change the name  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Is this something we can do now, no matter the outcome of the discussion?
> > >

> > Why not? I have zero problem with the FAQ amendment I suggested.
> >
> > Q. What is the official name of the project?
> > A. PostgreSQL, but we accept Postgres as an official shortened version.
> >
> > I have not seen a single argument against the above and it has been
> > mentioned by other people (although the wording my be slightly different).
>
> OK, FAQ wording updated from:
>
> !     <P>PostgreSQL is pronounced <I>Post-Gres-Q-L</I>, and is also sometimes
> !     referred to as just <I>Postgres</I>. An audio file is available in
>
> to:
>
> !     <P>PostgreSQL is pronounced <I>Post-Gres-Q-L</I>, but can also be
> !     referred to as simply <I>Postgres</I>. An audio file is available in

I trimmed down the paragraph a little:

    <P>PostgreSQL is pronounced <I>Post-Gres-Q-L</I>, but can also be
    referred to as simply <I>Postgres</I>, particularly in conversation.
    (For those curious about how to say "PostgreSQL", an
    is available.)</P>

Changes?