Re: The naming question WAS: Theme of this release: Performance? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: The naming question WAS: Theme of this release: Performance?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 08:49:54PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> I don't think that name change is buying us anything except _TONS_ of
> work for us and other projects (like distributions) and no real gain

I agree.  I hereby flog myself for even having mentioned the topic as
a joke.  My apologies.  There are surely more useful ways to spend
contributors' work than in renaming the project.  (And if we're going
to open all that up, why not look at TiGres or EleGres or ReGres --
oops, maybe not that one -- or whatever?  NOTE to people interested
in exploring that rathole: this suggestion is here as a _reductio ad
absurdum_, not as an idea to be pursued.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
        --attr. John Maynard Keynes