Re: tsearch2 patch status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: tsearch2 patch status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > I've applied version 0.58 of the patch with a lot of further
> > editorializing.  I feel fairly confident now in the code that interfaces
>
> Great ! Just checked and most things after trivial changes are working !
> We need to summarize changes and provide upgraide guide.
>
> > The main thing that is lacking at the moment is documentation.  The
> > stuff Bruce has been working on will be good introductory material,
> > but we've got basically zip in reference material.  I'll do some work
> > on that over the next couple of days, but there's probably room for
> > more hands.
>
> We have SQL reference and I'm sure Bruce should have it too. Bruce,
> let me know when you do last changes, so I could read docs again

OK, I am unclear how the main documentation is going to change.  I will
look over the reference pages and get them online soon and we can all
see them.

> > This is, by a wide margin, the largest single patch ever to hit the
> > Postgres CVS tree.  Congratulations to Oleg and Teodor on seeing
> > it through!
>
> It was really hard task for all of us. It's pity I don't drink at all, but
> Teodor will drink the health of "text search in PostgreSQL" today !
> Tom, as I know,  already drain out bottle of vodka, so Bruce, you need to
> join us !

Shame I don't drink either.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com