Re: SELECT question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SELECT question
Date
List pgsql-general
Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-08-17 12:53:41, schrieb Michael Glaesemann:
> >
> > On Aug 17, 2007, at 7:27 , Michelle Konzack wrote:

> > settings to "eliminatecc", e.g., send email to
> > majordomo@postgresql.org (not the list address!) with body
> >
> > set pgsql-general eliminatecc
> >
> > This should prevent the mailing list from sending you a second copy.
>
> Which mean, my "INBOX.ML_pgsql.general/" will never receive
> messages and break all threads where someone send me CC's...

So have messages which have the list on CC go to that folder as well,
:0:
* ^TO_pgsql-general@postgresql.org
INBOX.ML_pgsql.general/

Another choice you have is to tell mutt that you're subscribed to the
list, adding to .muttrc

lists pgsql-general@postgresql.org
subscribe pgsql-general@postgresql.org

then it will generate the Mail-Followup-To: header, omitting your
address, so you will only get it via Majordomo.  (It will still fail
sometimes if older MUAs don't honor that field).  I found it annoying
so I disabled it by setting
set followup_to=no

Another thing I did was removing of duplicates with procmail,
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 65536 $HOME/.msgid.cache

so I don't get two copies when I'm on the list and on CC.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
Management by consensus: I have decided; you concede.