Re: change name of redirect_stderr? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: change name of redirect_stderr?
Date
Re: change name of redirect_stderr?  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The problem here is that "log" seems to be a verb in "log_collector"
> which is what makes it confusing.  So we need another verb to make it
> clear that "log" is not one.  This is not a problem with "autovacuum"
> because that one cannot be confused with a verb.
>
> start_log_collector still gets my vote.

I vote against.  Remember that some people look at the GUCs in alpha order
from pg_settings.  As such, if we're changing GUC names it ought to be in a
way that groups logically if we can.

log_collector_enable or log_collector_start or even log_redirect.  But
something with log_*

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun