Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter,

On Wednesday 8 August 2007 11:36, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2007 17:14 schrieb Lukas Kahwe Smith:
> > I read about EnterpriseDB PostGres [1] today. Guess since its open
> > source it does not contain DynaTune (or what their auto tuning feature
> > for EnterpriseDB is called). Might be a nice addition to be able to get
> > this unbundled as a binary .. for this distribution? At any rate another
> > PostgreSQL distribution, well not another actually its "the first-ever
> > professional-grade distribution".
>
> It's basically PostgreSQL and regular add-on components installed in an
> unusual way.  Certainly not the first, and arguably not professional.

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/peter/index.php?/archives/9-EnterpriseDB-and-the-Professional-Grade.html

I appreciate the analysis you reported on your blog.

The PR firm, Prequent, Inc. made the announcement, Might I suggest that
somebody from this company, http://www.prequent.com/about-us.html, get on the
advocacy list so as to get up to become sensitized to the salient issues.

Robert