Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Right, now you twisting what we we're talking about. You asked how people get changes made if even you didn't know what
todo.

I said they mainly email webmaster, which isn't an opinion about what should happen. It is fact, it does happen
regularly.

>Now I would concur that -www would make
> reasonable sense, but my point, was that we might have a perception
> problem.

*We* interact on -www when something is more than a simple action item, and I'd expect you to mail any requests there
becauseyou are well aware that that is where we discuss web stuff. Everything else can and does feed in via webmaster.

> I was trying to be helpful and I repeat:
>
> Where is the, "How to contribute to the PostgreSQL.Org website HOWTO?".
>
> If it doesn't exist, does it by chance make sense to have one? If not,
> why not? It isn't like this is the first time people have brought up the
> point that it isn't as easy as it could be to contribute to the website.

The technical howto is in the root of the source. I don't recall ever being asked for a non-technical howto.

If you feel we need a faq or doc item to tell ppl how to join -www and get started, please feel free to write a patch
forthe developer faq or raise the issue on -www if you feel it should go elsewhere on the website.

/D