Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

We could do that, though there is a weaker argument that it would still be discriminatory because the disabled used
cannotparticipate instantly, or without drawing attention to his or her disability.

One trend in UK anti-discrimination laws of late is that the question of whether or not discrimination has or has not
occurredis almost entirely down to the victim - ie. if *they* feel they have been discriminated against, there is a
caseto be heard (though not necessarily to be won of course).

> > Many of the bigger sites (eg. Paypal) offer audio versions of the images
>
> To play the devil's advocate, ISTM this still discriminates against the
> deaf-blind.

You have to draw the line somewhere about how far it is reasonable to take these things. Ever heard (better yet, seen
thevideo) Metallica's 'One'? Would it be reasonable to make the site accessible for that poor guy?

Regards, Dave