Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL related pressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL related pressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 08:05:47AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 20:05 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Please can you explain
>> - why you claim to be "The" PostgreSQL Company, when there are many such
>> companies around the world. If you don't wish to mislead anyone, then
>> this clearly should be "A PostgreSQL Company: ....".
>
> Yes I have heard this argument. I still consider us "The PostgreSQL
> Company".

Why?

I don't want to get into a discussion on who has more developers and who
counts as a developer and who doesn't but I'd like to know why you use
"the".

Now I'm not a native speaker, but judging from what I learned in school
I would think Simon is right about the usage of "the" vs. "a". But then
again, this wouldn't be the only thing in school that wasn't correct.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes