Re: WALL on controller without battery? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: WALL on controller without battery?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:48:04AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> The question is, would I be better off putting WAL on the second, OS,
> controller or in the 8 port controller? Specially since the 2 port will not
> have battery (3ware does not have 2 ports with battery).

Put the WAL where the battery is.  Even if it's slower (and I don't
know whether it will be), I assume that having the right data more
slowly is better than maybe not having the data at all, quickly.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner