Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 03 July 2007 19:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems like we see a remarkable number of occurrences of $subject.
> For instance, right now we have these members failing on various
> branches:
>
> echidna        No space left on device
> asp        No space left on device
> herring        No space left on device (icc seems particularly unable
>         to cope with this, or at least I suspect that's the
>         reason for some builds failing with that bizarre message)
> kite        gcc quoth "Internal compiler error: Segmentation fault"
> wildebeest    long-standing configuration error (no Tk installed)
> wombat        long-standing configuration error (no Tk installed)
>
> I realize that a lot of these members are running on old underpowered
> machines with not so much disk, but is it possible that the buildfarm
> itself is leaking disk space?  Not cleaning up log files for instance?

in the case of echidna and herring, the "out of space" is actually on a
different partition, it occurs on /var (which I admit is undersized since
loosing a disk)  from time to time.  Some rather major storm activity on
Friday has taken this system off line for a while I hope to have it back in
the loop by the end of the week.