Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Date
Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:29:49PM -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
> I checked the disk picture - this is a RAID disk array with 6 drives,
> with a bit more than 1Tbyte total storage.  15,000 RPM.  It would be
> hard to get more/faster disk than that.

What kind of RAID?  It's _easy_ to get faster disk that 6 drives in
RAID5, even if they're 15,000 RPM.  The rotation speed is the least
of your problems in many RAID implementations.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
        --H.W. Fowler